Benefits arising from the construction and operation of the proposed Oweninny Wind Farm Phase 3 project will include:
- A Community Benefit Fund
- Supporting up to 100 jobs at peak construction
- Substantial rates paid to the relevant Local Authority.
- Supporting 3-5 long term, high quality technical jobs in operations and maintenance
- Upgrading of the road infrastructure in the vicinity of the wind farm (as required)
- Payment of taxes from the project, and dividends from Bord na Móna to the State
- Indirect employment created through the sub-supply of a wide range of products and services